The Student News Site of Everett High School, Everett MA

The Crimson Times

The Crimson Times

The Crimson Times

Follow us on Twitter

EYC class asks for donations to Rosie’s Place

The Empowering Youth in our Community (EYC) class is doing one more donation drive.

Giving back to the community and helping those who need has become a big assignment in this class, and like every school year students who choose to take the semester long EYC class get to pick a charity to do a donation drive.

This year Rosie’s place was the one that caught their eyes. Students were touched by the simple necessary acts of kindness done by the people running Rosie’s place, and decided to give them a little help. 

Rosie’s Place offers a safe haven for LGBTQIA+ women and overnight shelter and other services to those in need who self-identify as female. Their goal is to provide for the 350 women that passes through the shelter everyday and many more. 

With over 2500 students at Everett High the purpose of this donation drive is, first, to help those women in need, and, second, to bring awareness about this beautiful charity that is so close to us.

The EYC class encourages students to donate what they can and spread the word about the donation drive around the community. Everyone is allowed and encouraged to donate, you don’t necessarily need to be in the school to help in this act of kindness.

From November 3 to December 15, there will be boxes for students to put their donation in the main places of our school. The locations are: main office, Nurse, Back Door 4th floor and Auditorium. 

Students and teacher are more than welcomed to help this donation drive happen.  

Like any other donation drive, there are restrictions; a list of things that are allowed in the donation box will be provided but you can always visit the Rosie’s Place website and get more information on what can and can not be accepted or email [email protected]