The Student News Site of Everett High School, Everett MA

The Crimson Times

The Crimson Times

The Crimson Times

Follow us on Twitter

Stanley cups are everywhere

Anessa McMillian

No need to look hard around the school to find a girl using a Stanley cup. Purple, blue, black, you will see all colors and styles around. 

The new obsession symbolizes a well-hydrated dynamic and trend-savvy person according to some websites. 

Stanley claims that the $45 40-ounce bottles formally known as Quencher H2.0 FlowState™ Tumblers can keep hot drinks hot for seven hours, cold drinks cold for 11 hours, and iced drinks iced for two days.

But are students getting these bottles for the high quality or just for the looks? 

“I like how they look and they keep my water pretty cold. I would add more colors to them,” Jael Rosius said.

“I saw them on Tiktok and thought they were cute,” Bianca Moran Leal said.

On StockX, a leading resale platform, Stanley tumblers have slowly been sprouting up. 

Currently, the pink, 40-ounce Stanley x Starbucks Target exclusive Quencher is going for $240. 

Right now, there are shades to choose from, including eucalyptus, pink dusk, iris, orchid, fog, frost, citron, and more. You can grab the Deco Collection, too, which includes cream, black, forest green, blush, and navy hues with gold and rose gold accents.

Stanley Quencher colors available at Amazon. It has more than 38,400 five-star ratings on Amazon. Stanley cups were founded in 1913 by inventor William Stanley Jr.

In the last couple of years, the cup has gone from cultivating a millennial mom fan base to being a must-have status symbol among Gen Z.